How to put together a good ad
Here are a few tips for advertising something
The title is your ad in just a few words
- Include what’s most important e.g name of item, colour, size, brand name
Content of ad
Select your county, nearest area and price - many buyers will only look at ads in their area and price range.
What to put in the description
Explain clearly what you are advertising in a few sentences.
Details to include:
- type of item
- what it looks like
- information from product spec
- the condition it is in
- size and measurements
- what comes with it
- warranty details
- original price
- new/unwanted gift/unused/second hand
- faults/scratches/issues you are aware of
- Are you open to negotiation?
- Times you’re available to be contacted.
- Texts or no texts/private numbers.
Buyers want all the information in front of them before contacting a seller.
Giving enough information means less questions from buyers.
Photos and video
Upload photos (from your phone or camera) that show clearly the item you’re selling, e.g. close-ups and views from different angles.
Upload a video to show the item in use to have a better chance of selling it quickly.