DoneDeal’s Community Safety:
As Ireland’s leading classified ads site, DoneDeal’s national community of advertisers enables hundreds of thousands of people to buy and sell via our site. Our team promote the safe use of our platform and we are happy to assist with local, national and international law enforcement agencies in stopping and prosecuting criminals.
Due to Data Protection Laws DoneDeal are only allowed to give out full details for an advertiser to a law enforcement officer. If you want to get in contact with your local Gardai you can find a directory for all stations here:http://garda.ie/stations/
Resources for Law Enforcement Investigations:
Law enforcement officers in Ireland seeking assistance and records for investigations relating to advertisers on DoneDeal may contact our customer support team for assistance.
Resources available to law enforcement officials only are:
- Data requests coming from court orders, Gardai or government agencies, can be submitted via fax or email.
- If you are a Law Enforcement Officer and require more general information, please contact us.
- You might be interested in reading our Safety Guide and our Advertising T&C's
Data Protection Act 1988 Disclosure of Information:
Due to Data Protection Laws DoneDeal are only allowed to give out full details for an advertiser to a law enforcement officer once they have completed the necessary Data Protection Request Form. We cannot provide information to Solicitors unless a court order is obtained by them. If you want to get in contact with your local Gardai you can find a directory for all stations here: http://garda.ie/stations/
No matter how trivial you feel your concerns are, you MUST contact the relevant law enforcement officer. Once this report has been lodged the investigating officer can contact us directly. We will get them firstly to sign a Data Protection Form which they should then fax to us on 053 91 24886.
Save Time for your investigation. The following tips are for law enforcement agencies to assist your investigation:
- When you are emailing our customer support team, include as much detail as possible.
- If you are looking for a particular advertiser, include the telephone number that appeared in the ad or ideally the ad number.
- If you are looking for a particular item, i.e a car advertised for sale, include the make, model, colour, engine size, body type.
- If you are looking for a particular dog ad, include as much detail on the breed and description.
- For all ads it would be helpful to minimize the search results by having the dates when you feel the ad appeared on the site and where the item was available for sale i.e Dublin, Cork or Galway.
We are also happy to work with approved inspectors from the ISPCA. These inspectors are:-
- Conor Dowling
- Kevin McGinley
- Lisa O'Donovan
- Michael Kane
- Karen Lyons
You could also contact a County Veterinary Officer. You can find contact details for them in your area here.
With legal power under the Animal Health and Welfare Act 2013, which came into force on 8th March 2014, the ISPCA Inspectors or County Veterinary Offices can investigate complaints of animal cruelty and neglect. It is their job to establish the facts behind each case and decide whether or not to initiate a prosecution. Due to Data Protection Laws DoneDeal are only allowed to give out full details for an advertiser to a registered inspector. They will make this request in line with Section 8 of the Data Protection Act.
Some other agencies we are happy to assist in their investigations: