The Society of the Irish Motor Industry (SIMI) is the National Trade Association for the Motor Industry and is established in Ireland as a Registered Friendly Society.
They are a member's organisation which consists of Dealers, Repairers, Vehicle Distributors, Wholesalers, Retailers, Vehicle Testers, and many more operators within the Irish Motor Industry.
Membership of the Society requires companies to operate to defined standards of business ethics and integrity when dealing with consumers.
Each member signs up to a Code of Ethics, which is as follows:
• Operate their business in accordance with the highest standards of ethical conduct.
• Meet their customers’ needs in a professional manner.
• Advertise their products in a positive, factual and informative manner.
• Provide knowledgeable and trained personnel to ensure efficient quality customer service.
• Upon request, provide written estimates of and details of service to be performed.
• Resolve misunderstandings in a prompt and courteous manner, through, if appropriate, the SIMI Standards Tribunal.
If you want to find out more about the SIMI just click here.