Safety tips for buyers and sellers
We have loads of information on how to stay safe so please take your time as a buyer or a seller to read through it.
- Deal with People locally
- Arrange a time and a place you feel comfortable with
- Bring someone with, don't go alone
- Use your common sense
- If it's too good to be true then it usually is
- If in doubt, walk away
- Do not pay in advance of goods
- Be careful about how you are carrying cash to pay for goods, or else pay with a bank draft
- Never pay for goods with Western Union or other similar money transfer services
- If you decide to pay via PayPal make sure you select that your are paying for Goods & Services.
- DO NOT pay to Friends & Family unless they are your friend or a member of your family.
- for more information on PayPal payments click here
You can find more tips on our article Buying safely - top tips for Buyers & Sellers.