Please note that these guides do not constitute legal advice and any information provided in the guides should not be construed as legal advice or legal interpretation. We do not accept any liability for any loss caused by your reliance on this guide.
The DoneDeal guide to buying furniture
- Measure and take note of the available space you have for an item and always measure the item itself in person.
- Never estimate the size of a room or an item – if an item doesn’t fit once you’ve paid for it, that’s not the seller’s fault.
- Measure the size of access doors. It might sound simple, but will the item actually fit through the front door?
- Remember to measure the vertical space needed for an item, especially tall items like bunk beds, high sleepers, dressers and large wardrobes.
Transport, delivery and assembly
- Always check and double check that you have all the necessary parts before you buy the item.
- How will you transport larger goods? Is delivery included?
- If items need to be dismantled and reassembled, are you up to the job? Are there instructions? Ask if there were any difficulties with the initial assembly.